By David R. Bull
Communicating Pictures begins with a different historic standpoint of the position of pictures in communications after which builds in this to give an explanation for the purposes and necessities of a latest video coding method. It attracts at the author's vast educational event of sign processing and video coding to carry a textual content that's algorithmically rigorous, but obtainable, correct to trendy criteria, and useful. It deals an intensive grounding in visible belief, and demonstrates how smooth snapshot and video compression equipment should be designed with the intention to meet the rate-quality functionality degrees demanded by means of state-of-the-art purposes, networks and clients. With this booklet you are going to learn:
- Practical concerns while enforcing a codec, reminiscent of photograph boundary extension and complexity aid, with specific emphasis on effective algorithms for transforms, movement estimators and mistake resilience
- Conflicts among traditional video compression, in keeping with variable size coding and spatiotemporal prediction, and the necessities for mistakes resilient transmission
- How to evaluate the standard of coded photographs and video content material, either via subjective trials and through the use of perceptually optimised goal metrics
- Features, operation and function of the state of the art excessive potency Video Coding (HEVC) standard
- Covers the fundamentals of video communications and contains a powerful grounding in how we understand pictures and video, and the way we will take advantage of redundancy to lessen bitrate and increase fee distortion performance
- Gives deep perception into the pitfalls linked to the transmission of real-time video over networks (wireless and fixed)
- Uses the state-of- the-art video coding regular (H.264/AVC) as a foundation for set of rules improvement within the context of block established compression
- Insight into destiny video coding criteria equivalent to the hot ISO/ITU excessive potency Video Coding (HEVC) initiative, which extends and generalizes the H.264/AVC approach
Read or Download Communicating Pictures: A Course in Image and Video Coding PDF
Similar mobile & wireless communications books
This e-book is key analyzing for these wishing to acquire a platforms point of view and a wide view at the history, functionality and alertness of the newest advancements in HSPA within the context of the calls for on today’s cellular broadband units and networks. It takes the reader backstage of 3GPP and gives an simply available figuring out of the elemental rules, the newest steps within the standard’s evolution, and the motivations at the back of the advance of standardized good points.
This distinct textual content will let readers to appreciate the elemental idea, present options, and capability purposes of Cloud Radio entry Networks (C-RANs). major specialists from academia and offer a advisor to the entire key components of C-RANs, together with process structure, functionality research, applied sciences in either actual and medium entry keep watch over layers, self-organizing and eco-friendly networking, criteria improvement, and standardization views.
Cellular crowdsensing is a know-how that enables huge scale, not pricey sensing of the actual global. In cellular crowdsensing, cellular own units corresponding to clever telephones or clever watches come outfitted with quite a few sensors that may be leveraged to gather facts with regards to atmosphere, transportation, healthcare, safeguard etc.
A comparative advent to significant worldwide instant criteria, applied sciences and their functions From GSM to LTE-Advanced seasoned and 5G: An creation to cellular Networks and cellular Broadband, third variation offers technical descriptions of a number of the instant applied sciences presently in use. It explains the rationales at the back of their differing mechanisms and implementations whereas exploring the benefits and boundaries of every expertise.
Extra resources for Communicating Pictures: A Course in Image and Video Coding
Communicating Pictures: A Course in Image and Video Coding by David R. Bull